- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
“Non Personal Information” is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Service. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Service. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Just Visiting. Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Service. You can browse our Service without registering an account (such User is a “Visitor”). You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor, but we may automatically collect certain information as detailed in “Computer Information Collected,” below.
- Registration and Booking. If you register an account or book accommodation on the Service, then you must provide us with certain information, such as your full name, email address, phone number, profile picture, and payment information.
- Social Sign-On. We may collect information from social media websites when you use your social media credentials to log in to the Service. For example, if you log in to the Service with your Facebook credentials, then we may collect the information you have made publicly available on Facebook, such as your name and profile picture.
- Using the Service. We collect information about your use of the Service. For example, we collect the information that you post within your User profile and all other User Content that you post on the Service.
COMPUTER INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you use our Service, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Service. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
- Geographical Information
When you use the mobile application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display information with relevant data or advertisements. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
- Automatic Information
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the Service from which you entered our Service, if any, as well as the name of the Service to which you’re headed when you leave our Service. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Service provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Service.
- Log Data
Like many Service operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Customizing Our Service
We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Service.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates or third parties that provide services to us with regards to our Service (i.e. payment processors, Service hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates or third parties will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information. One of the service providers that we use for data analytics is Google Analytics. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of the Services, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/).
- Displaying to Other Users.
The User Content you post on the Service will be displayed on the Service and viewable by other Users. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other Users. Accordingly, we recommend that you carefully consider what you post on the Service before doing so to guard your anonymity and sensitive information.
- Data Aggregation
We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Service and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Service and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
- Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of GayStay, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
- With Your Consent
We may also disclose your information with your permission.
We may offer you the chance to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for particular functions, when we ask you for this detail. When you register for the Service, if you do not want to receive any additional material or notifications from us, you can show your preference on our registration form.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information, as defined by the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) Rule, from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, then we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We utilize practical protection measures to safeguard against the loss, abuse, and modification of the individual Data under our control. Personal Data is kept in a secured database and always sent out by means of an encrypted SSL method when supported by your web browser. No Web or e-mail transmission is ever totally protected or mistake cost-free. For example, email sent out to or from the Service may not be protected. You must take unique care in deciding what info you send to us by means of e-mail.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us.